Nantucket Elementary School PTA
Need more Information, or have addtional questions? Reach out us bellow
Question: Are there requirements I have to fulfill before volunteering at school?
- Yes. All Watch Dog volunteers need to have the county background check completed prior to their volunteer day and watch the mandatory volunteer video. The background check takes approximately two weeks to be completed. You can access the form here
- All school volunteers must also watch the mandatory volunteer video. You can view it the morning at your Watch D.O.G.S. day or any time before your Watch D.O.G.S. day by accessing it online through the Nantucket Elementary School Blackboard site (username: nantucket, password: starfish) and clicking on Volunteer Opportunities.
Question: I had the county background check completed last year, Do I need to do it again this year?
- No, the completed background checks are good for two years.
Question: What should wear?
- We encourage all of our Watch DOGS to order a uniform shirt. If you don't have a uniform shirt, you can purchase one in the main office ($13.00 each, $15.00 for 2XL). If you do not want to purchase a uniform shirt, we ask that you wear a plain colored polo-style shirt and we will give you a sticker badge to identity you as the Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer tor the day.
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes as you will likely be on your feet for most of the day and also dress tor the weather as a Watch volunteer you will spend a good portion of your day outside (during arrival, recess, and dismissal)
Question: How do I sign up for a Watch D.O.G shift?
Question: Someone else is signed up on the day that I would like to volunteer. Can two people serve on the same day?
- Yes, but only two people may serve on a given day: so if two people are signed up please choose a different day.
be a nantucket watch dog!
Who are Watch D.O.G.S.? They are the Heroes of our hallways...fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or another administrator.