See full calendar of Events HERE
See what we have been up this year HERE
- April 6th - April 8th - Teachers will begin reaching out to students through Google Classroom. This will be an opportunity for teachers, parents, and students to get familiar with the technology and our ‘new normal’ for instruction.
- April 6th - 10th - Assistant Principal Appreciation Week!
- April 9th - April 13th - No online leaning. Schools closed for Spring Break
- April 12th - Last Day to Purchase Yearbook. You may reserve a yearbook, and pay later, by clicking HERE
- April 14th - Students begin the e-learning. Students will be engaged in e-learning for a 90 minute block each morning. The block will be either 8:00-9:30 am or 9:30-11:00 am, depending on the teacher’s schedule.
- April 14th - Last day to purchase Square One Art for the Nantucket Art Team Fundraiser.
- April 22nd - Admin Professional Appreciation Day
- April 27th - Bus Driver Appreciation Day
- April 28th - School Closed
- April 29th - PTA General Membership Meeting and PTA Elections
Have a question or want to get involved? Reach out to us
Work with members of your community and make a difference at Nantucket Elementary!
Membership is open to anyone who believes in the mission and purposes of the PTA. Each person who joins our PTA automatically becomes a member of both the state and national PTA.
The mission of the Nantucket Elementary PTA is to serve as a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Hello Nantucket Families! The PTA is doing their best to keep you updated and informed school happenings in the wake of the Covid-19 news.
Here is information we know thus far:
- School is closed March 16th - April 24th. During this time students will be engaged in online e-learning activities
- The following events/clubs have been cancelled:
- All Field Trips
- Grandparents Day
- Color Run
- Multicultural Assembly
- AACC of PTAs Family Fun Day 2020
- Girls on the Run/ Hero Boys/ STAIR
- School Beautification Day
- Chorus, Band, and Orchestra rehearsals will continue as scheduled. At this time a decision has not been made about final performances
- Extracurricular activities facilitated by Nantucket staff may continue with minimal changes. This includes Art Clubs, 24 Club, Stock Market Club, and Play Practice.
- The Science Fair will not be cancelled entirely. Students should be encouraged to complete their projects and bring in their completed project on April 2nd. Family Night to view projects has been cancelled.
- The PTA will work with the school to bring our hospitality events in line to meet the new rules put forth at the school
- To read the latest email from the school Click HERE
- For the latest information from the Board of Education click HERE
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools will provide lunches to students during the two-week school shutdown beginning Monday, March 16. Click HERE for more information
- If you require food assistance during this time, the Caring Cupboard will be providing food to families in need. They will make arrangements for delivery if necessary. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
E-Learning Schedule and Resources
- March 30th - April 3rd - Parents confirm they can access Google Classroom. Students continue to complete work via AACPS E-Learning Website
- April 6th - April 8th - Teachers will begin reaching out to students through Google Classroom. This will be an opportunity for teachers, parents, and students to get familiar with the technology and our ‘new normal’ for instruction
- April 14th - Students begin the e-learning . Students will be engaged in e-learning for a 90 minute block each morning. The block will be either 8:00-9:30 am or 9:30-11:00 am, depending on the teacher’s schedule.
Nantucket Elementary School PTA